- Unwanted Denim, worn, faded. (I personally have a stash of denim that I am dying to "do something with", so there will be several Pinterest POWs featuring .... Denim). It has a nice affect if you alternate a lighter denim with a darker denim.
- A tape measure
- Cutting tool - scissors or rotary cutter
- (2) 3 1/2" square
- (1) 3" square
- (1) 1 3/4" square
- (1) 2 1/2" square
Cut Flower Shapes -
- As TeaRoseHome mentioned, using the corners to guide your flower shape is a great idea.
- I could not cut the shapes free style, so I used a somewhat light colored marker to draw my flowers and then cut them.
- Perfection is not necessary! YAY
|Because I plan to make more of these floewrs, I cut and cut|
and cut squares, labled them, then put them in envelopes for
future flower making days
Stitch Around the Edge of the Flower Shapes -
- This will prevent the flowers from fraying away.
- Again, I don't think perfection is key, although I would have liked mine to be a little neater
- With the larger flower shapes on the bottom, layer the flowers.
- Be or sure to layer the flowers so the petals do not overlap
Be sure to check out TeaRoseHome.blogspot.com for more pictures and other great projects!